(WTVO) — The federal program Energy Star recommends homeowners keep their homes at 78 degrees at the coolest, and 82 degrees while sleeping.
While away, Energy Star suggests homes be kept at 85 degrees.
Consumer Reports released some setting recommendations for air conditioners, to cut energy down on energy usage.
The U.S. Department of Energy also recommends a setting of 78 degrees for while a homeowner is present.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang