(WTVO) — The federal program Energy Star recommends homeowners keep their homes at 78 degrees at the coolest, and 82 degrees while sleeping.
While away, Energy Star suggests homes be kept at 85 degrees.
Consumer Reports released some setting recommendations for air conditioners, to cut energy down on energy usage.
The U.S. Department of Energy also recommends a setting of 78 degrees for while a homeowner is present.
- Court rules against planned Sydney protest due to virus fear
- Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kalahari Resorts sue Ohio Department of Health to reopen
- Personal protective equipment winding up in ocean, environmental groups say
- 8-year-old North Carolina girl dies after battling COVID-19
- Graphic video shows New York officers shove man who falls, strikes his head