(WTVO) — The federal program Energy Star recommends homeowners keep their homes at 78 degrees at the coolest, and 82 degrees while sleeping.
While away, Energy Star suggests homes be kept at 85 degrees.
Consumer Reports released some setting recommendations for air conditioners, to cut energy down on energy usage.
The U.S. Department of Energy also recommends a setting of 78 degrees for while a homeowner is present.
- US soldier charged with planning to bomb American news network, attack Antifa
- Police corner spotted cows at home of Spotted Cow beer
- Rockford man arrested for home invasion, beating woman
- 19-year-old charged with handgun possession after running from police
- Suspect chases down, fires shots at teens after they throw soda on his car