PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — A Florida middle school teacher is being investigated after a parent complained a quiz she gave students referred to President Donald Trump as an “idiot.”
The principal at the Palm Beach Gardens school sent a letter to parents apologizing and saying the teacher has been reassigned as administrators investigate the incident.
The Palm Beach County school district shared with The Associated Press the content of the letter sent by Watson B. Middle School Principal Phillip D’Amico.
The multiple-choice question of the quiz said “45th Pres; 2017; Republican; Real Estate businessman; Idiot,” giving the option to choose among Donald Trump, Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. The class was Computer Applications.
D’Amico said the question “demonstrated an unacceptable lack of good judgment on the part of the teacher.”
- In latest border-wall ceremony before election, DHS leader commemorates 400th mile
- Oklahoma mother gives birth to 8-pound baby at home during ice storm
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- McRib is back: McDonald’s fan-favorite available nationwide for first time since 2012
- Bustos, King in contest to represent Illinois’ 17th District in U.S. Congress
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.