WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman has pleaded guilty to a lesser charge in the co-sleeping death of her infant son.
The Palm Beach Post reports 33-year-year-old Genna Aaronson entered the culpable negligence plea Tuesday as part of a deal with prosecutors. Court records show she has taken parenting classes, completed 300 hours of community service and followed a mental-health treatment plan. Adjudication has been withheld, meaning Aaronson was not formally convicted. She had been facing a negligent manslaughter charge.
Authorities say 5-week-old Clarke Jacob Aaronson died in January 2018 while sharing a bed with his mother at their Wellington home. Genna Aaronson’s husband had fallen asleep watching television with their older child and found the infant unresponsive when he went to check on Aaronson and the baby.
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere