(CNN) – A California man says an “enormous” great white shark took a bite out of his kayak Saturday.
Danny McDaniel and a friend, Jon Chambers, were kayaking near California’s Santa Catalina Island when McDaniel says he felt something push the boat.
He said the shark sunk its teeth into the back end of the kayak and pushed him around until he was face-to-face with chambers.
The shark let go and disappeared.
McDaniel said the entire encounter lasted about five seconds.
Chambers said the shark was at least double the length of the 9-foot kayak.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- Rockford man arrested on murder charges after May 4th deadly shooting
- Rockford crews respond quickly after trailer fire near Sandy Hollow Road
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.