ODESSA, Texas. (WLS/WTVO) — A gunman was shot and killed after opening fire at random in Midland-Odessa, according to the Midland Police Department.
An official with the Texas Department of Public Safety told ABC News that 13 people had been shot, WLS reported. That DPS official said a suspect was in custody, but it’s not clear if that official was referring to a second suspect or the deceased gunman.
Midland and Odessa are in West Texas, about 20 miles apart.
President Donald Trump has been briefed and the White House is monitoring the situation, Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham told ABC News.
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games