PENSACOLA, Florida (WAVY/WKRG) — A gunman who opened fire Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola is dead and multiple people have been admitted to the hospital.
The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the gunman’s death with WAVY sister station WKRG. At least five victims have been admitted to a nearby hospital, a spokesperson said.
NAS Pensacola officials said reports of the shooting started to come in around 6:30 a.m.
“Both gates of NASP are currently secured due to reports of an active shooter,” NAS Pensacola said on Twitter. “More information will be provided as it becomes available.”
Friday’s incident comes just two days after two civilian Defense Department employees were shot to death by a sailor at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in Hawaii.
- You won’t get a second stimulus check before Election Day, so what now?
- CDC redefines COVID-19 close contact, adds brief encounters
- New Biden ad featuring Sam Elliott takes off on Twitter
- Volunteer in AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine trial has died, Brazil health authority says
- ‘Hap-hap-happiest Christmas’: Sam’s Club offers virtual shopping experience in ‘Griswold House’