(CNN) — The Few. The Proud. The Marines.
We all know the slogan.
Nov. 10, the day before Veterans Day, also marks another special day for servicemembers.
It honors the establishment of the U.S. Marine Corps.
The military branch started way back in 1775 as part of the U.S. Navy, leading up to the American Revolution.
The recruiting headquarters was in the Tun Tavern in Philadelphia.
That’s considered the birthplace of the Marines.
Today, Marine Corps members are proud to say they’re the first in and last out during military conflict.
If you know one, thank them for their service.
- Unsettled and cooler pattern returns
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety