BEREA, Ohio (WJW) — A student at Berea-Midpark High School in Ohio passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday following complications from the flu.
Kaylee Roberts, 16, was hospitalized last week with flu-like symptoms, her uncle said. She returned to the hospital with complications, including pneumonia, and suffered a stroke.
The Cuyahoga County Board of Health said it was not notified of a flu-related death, but officials will provide more information Thursday afternoon.
Roberts was a junior at the high school. Her family described her as kind, hardworking and intelligent girl, who cared deeply about animals, family and friends.
- 65-year-old woman charged with shooting at Rockford Walmart
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Abortion concerns prompt archdiocese warning on Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Covid-19 vaccine causes swelling picked up on mammograms
- Newsfeed Now: Security tight at Capitol over ‘breach’ concerns; SC considers bringing back electric chair