JOLIET, Ill. (CNN) — Illinois Police say a 35-year-old man killed his one-year-old baby inside a home, before taking his own life.
An officer was dispatched to a domestic disturbance Saturday night in Joliet.
The officer reportedly hear gunshots as they arrived on scene and found a 32-year-old woman and her 9-year-old girl suffering from fresh injuries.
The mother told police her husband, who she was separated from, was inside with their one-year-old baby.
Officers attempted to make contact with the man, but were unsuccessful.
A swat team responded to the scene, and when all attempts at communicating with the man failed, they breached the door.
After they searched the home, they discover the 35-year-old man and baby dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
The mother and her daughter were transported to the hospital and treated for injuries.
- Stateline saxophone great gives musical Memorial Day tribute
- Evening car fire sends local firefighters into action
- Statewide ‘Recall Pritzker’ petition stops in Freeport
- Local veterans recognize Memorial Day in downtown Rockford
- Catholic churches prepare for massive changes upon re-opening doors
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.