JOLIET, Ill. (CNN) — Illinois Police say a 35-year-old man killed his one-year-old baby inside a home, before taking his own life.
An officer was dispatched to a domestic disturbance Saturday night in Joliet.
The officer reportedly hear gunshots as they arrived on scene and found a 32-year-old woman and her 9-year-old girl suffering from fresh injuries.
The mother told police her husband, who she was separated from, was inside with their one-year-old baby.
Officers attempted to make contact with the man, but were unsuccessful.
A swat team responded to the scene, and when all attempts at communicating with the man failed, they breached the door.
After they searched the home, they discover the 35-year-old man and baby dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
The mother and her daughter were transported to the hospital and treated for injuries.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.