CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say a 66-year-old man who went to his niece’s aid during a sexual assault in their home was shot and killed by the attacker.
Police say the 25-year-old attacker entered the South Side home through a window about 9 p.m. Thursday, tied up the 17-year-old girl in her bedroom and assaulted her.
Police say her uncle heard her screams and ran to her aid, and the assailant shot him in the back and the head. He died at a hospital. The girl was hospitalized.
Police say they captured the attacker after he ran from the scene and he remains in custody. His name hasn’t been released.
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station
- Turkey stalks mail carrier in Wisconsin
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.