CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say a 66-year-old man who went to his niece’s aid during a sexual assault in their home was shot and killed by the attacker.
Police say the 25-year-old attacker entered the South Side home through a window about 9 p.m. Thursday, tied up the 17-year-old girl in her bedroom and assaulted her.
Police say her uncle heard her screams and ran to her aid, and the assailant shot him in the back and the head. He died at a hospital. The girl was hospitalized.
Police say they captured the attacker after he ran from the scene and he remains in custody. His name hasn’t been released.
- Blind, deaf poodle scooped up by hawk finds her way back home 28 hours later
- Loved ones say goodbye to Milwaukee family found dead after Amber Alert
- Local police warn about new phone scams
- Several local wrestlers leave Champaign as state champs
- Storm System to Follow Weekend Warmup
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.