CHICAGO, Ill. (WGN) — New Angels manager Joe Maddon took out a full page ad in the Chicago Tribune with his wife to wish Cubs fans happy holidays.
The ad appeared on the back of the Sunday sports section with 14 of Maddon’s signature phrases, including “do simple better” and “embrace the target.”
“THANK YOU for the past five years, for your passion, for your open hearts and mind, for forging everlasting relationships for sharing your beautiful city with Jaye and me,” the ad ends before “Cheers & Happy Holidays!”
Unlike his old team, the Angels have made a few splashes this offseason.
They recently signed durable starting pitcher Julio Teheran from the Braves. Before that, they sent shockwaves through the baseball world by signing former Nationals all-star third basemen Anthony Rendon to a seven-year, $245 million deal.
- WATCH: Pritzker delivers State of the State address
- Possible confusion leads to spike in Google searches for ‘Corona beer virus’
- ‘He gave his life to the Lord:’ Kobe Bryant prayed at church hours before his death
- PHOTOS: Hard Rock Stadium transformed for Super Bowl LIV
- Family searching for mystery man who gifted 11-year-old with Mahomes jersey at Arrowhead