MILWAUKEE, Wis. (WTVO) — Lakefront Brewery has recalled bottles of My Turn Junk for a risk that they can explode.
The brewery says the Kettle Sour with Cherries flavor contains small amounts of yeast, from the cherries it was brewed with, which continues to ferment, creating a build up of carbon dioxide in the bottle, which can make them explode.
“We all take in wild yeast in the air we breathe and the liquid is perfectly tasty,” said Lakefront Brewery Founder and President, Russ Klisch. “The risk comes with pressure building up in warm beer that continues to ferment.”
Lakefront Brewery is offering a refund to anyone who has to dispose of the beer.
“Please take a photograph of the bottle’s back label, send it to email@example.com, along with your address, by October 1st and we will send out a check to compensate affected customers.”
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- Illinois movie theaters propose plan to Pritzker on reopening
- Poll: Only falf of Americans would get a COVID-19 vaccine
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- Australian zoo celebrates birth of first baby koala since devastating bush fires