MILWAUKEE, Wis. (WTVO) — Lakefront Brewery has recalled bottles of My Turn Junk for a risk that they can explode.
The brewery says the Kettle Sour with Cherries flavor contains small amounts of yeast, from the cherries it was brewed with, which continues to ferment, creating a build up of carbon dioxide in the bottle, which can make them explode.
“We all take in wild yeast in the air we breathe and the liquid is perfectly tasty,” said Lakefront Brewery Founder and President, Russ Klisch. “The risk comes with pressure building up in warm beer that continues to ferment.”
Lakefront Brewery is offering a refund to anyone who has to dispose of the beer.
“Please take a photograph of the bottle’s back label, send it to email@example.com, along with your address, by October 1st and we will send out a check to compensate affected customers.”
- Light Showers Expected Sunday Evening, Heavy Rainfall Possible by Monday Morning
- Rockford Lutheran hope to find new identity under new Head Coach Ambrogio
- Tough Mudder Classic: Pushing your body to the limit
- Bus company makes Chicago to Indianapolis route permanent
- Hawaii or Spain? Telescope experts say it may not matter