ALEXANDRIA, LA (AP) — Authorities say a missing Florida teen has been rescued from a Louisiana motel where she was being held captive by an Alabama man now charged with kidnapping and rape.
The Alexandria Daily Town Talk reports 30-year-old Jonathan Andrew Gibson was jailed without bond in Alexandria, Louisiana, as of Thursday. A police statement says a tip related to a missing 14-year-old led them to a motel room, where they found the girl suffering minor injuries.
Police say subsequent interviews revealed the girl had been sexually assaulted by the Lillian man. Details about her disappearance are unclear. It’s unclear whether Gibson has a lawyer.
- Get your pumpkins carved by Dori for Halloween
- Get fall skin care tips from the experts
- Bella Luna Bakery closes its doors after 10 years
- Home Forever Baths has a special deal for Veterans
- Murder Mystery with Mahoney Third Clue
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.