WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Wis. (CNN) – An Indiana man is accused of walking 351 miles to have sex with a teenage girl.
Police said 32-year-old Tommy Lee Jenkins made the arrangement with a 14-year-old girl in Wisconsin, but he was communicating with an undercover sheriff’s officer.
Investigators said Jenkins demanded sexually explicit photographs and engaged in explicit conversations as he journeyed to meet her.
According to Oshkosh Northwestern, when he was living in Oshkosh, Jenkins was previously charged with two counts of repeated first-degree sexual assault of two boys, ages 7 and 8.
The paper reported that Jenkins told investigators the boys were “making the whole thing up” and later pleaded no contest to four counts of child abuse. He was sentenced to four years probation.
Jenkins now faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years and up to a lifetime in prison if convicted.
He’s scheduled to appear in a federal court on October 23.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year