PINK HILL, N.C. (CNN) — A man won a $200,000 North Carolina lottery prize on the way to his final chemotherapy treatment. Ronnie Foster said he bought a $1 ticket, won $5, then traded the $5 for two more tickets, and the second ticket was a big winner.
Foster, a retired Department of Transportation worker, is battling colon cancer. He said he was already happy because it was his last round of chemo, but “winning this made it my lucky day.”
Foster claimed his prize Friday and after taxes, took home just over $141,000.
He says part of the money will go toward paying off some of the treatment costs not covered by his health insurance. The rest will be saved “for the future.”
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
- 49ers, Packers on verge of Super Bowl return