SUMTER, S.C. (WSPA) – Officials in Sumter announced Tuesday that missing 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams’ remains were found in the Richland Landfill.
7 News previously reported Nevaeh was killed along side her mother back in August.
Sumter Police Chief Russell Roark said Daunte Johnson, 28, told detectives on August 5 he dumped the girl’s body in a trash bin at a Sumter apartment.
Roark said a trash truck unloaded the complex’s bins before 29-year-old Sharee Bradley’s body was found and Nevaeh Adams was reported missing.
Crews found Adams’ remains last Friday at the site on Screaming Eagle Road, officials said during a press conference. Crews had been searching for her body since August.
The remains were tested and determined to be Nevaeh’s.
Johnson has been charged with two counts of murder.+
- Temperatures take a little dip heading into the weekend
- Winnebago County Sheriff welcomes first-ever female Deputy Chief
- Machesney Park flag ceremony honors family of US Army pilot killed in Black Hawk crash
- Oregon students return to class after 2 week shutdown
- Beloit College pushes back start date for Spring semester