WARREN COUNTY, Ky. (CNN) — Kentucky authorities arrest three-people in connection with the selling of a baby.
The mother, 31-year-old Maria Domingo-Perez, was contacted by police after school officials say they heard about a woman giving a baby away.
According to police, Domingo-Perez gave “conflicting statements” but later confessed to handing the baby over to a couple.
Those two – Catarina Jose Felipe and Jose Manuel Pascual – admitted they paid $2,000 dollars for the child.
Jail records show Pascual and the two women were arrested and charged with selling/purchasing a child for adoption.
The age and gender of the baby was not released.
Police say the baby and Domingo-Perez’s additional four children are now in protective custody.
- Temperatures take a little dip heading into the weekend
- Winnebago County Sheriff welcomes first-ever female Deputy Chief
- Machesney Park flag ceremony honors family of US Army pilot killed in Black Hawk crash
- Oregon students return to class after 2 week shutdown
- Beloit College pushes back start date for Spring semester
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.