NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say 11 people were shot in an early morning shooting on the edge of the city’s famed French Quarter.
A police release says two people are in critical condition and no arrests have been made. Police Supt. Shaun Ferguson tells The New Orleans Advocate/The Times-Picayune that a person of interest has been detained.
Police say 10 people were taken to two hospitals and another walked in. Further details haven’t been released.
The shooting took place on a busy commercial block of Canal Street that has streetcar tracks and is near many hotels. Ferguson says police quickly responded to the scene as patrols were heightened for this weekend’s Bayou Classic, the annual Thanksgiving weekend rivalry football game between Grambling State and Southern University at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- Aquin creates COVID games in replacement of Friday night Football
- IDPH reports 2,441 new cases of COVID-19, 25 more deaths
- Belvidere North runners Lenzen, Elder top finishers at Jefferson meet
- Man who allegedly killed 17-year-old at California high school captured in Centerville, Utah
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.