NEW YORK CITY (CNN) — Athlete-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick is now part of an award-winning campaign.
The Nike advertisement he was in won an Emmy for Outstanding Commercial at the 2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards held over the weekend. The commercial, called “Dream Crazy,” features Kaepernick and other sports icons like Lebron James and Serena Williams. They were all part of Nike’s 30th anniversary commemoration of its “Just Do It” campaign.
Nike released the ad in September 2018, days before the start of the NFL season.
Kaepernick made headlines in 2016 when he began kneeling during the national anthem before San Francisco 49ers games as a protest for injustice. His actions were both praised and condemned by many across the country. He later left the 49ers and became a free agent, but no NFL teams have picked him up yet.
- Belvidere falls to Genoa-Kingston at home
- Stillman Valley beats Winnebago on the road
- Stateline students preserve the stories and history of local veterans
- Tips for homeowners to stay warm and safe in winter storms
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.