NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Trib Wire/CNN) – A heartwarming holiday duet between a chemo patient and a nurse has gone viral.
Penn Pennington is a longtime Nashville session guitarist who has played at the Grand Ole Opry for 23 years. He’s also undergoing chemotherapy treatments at Sarah Cannon Cancer Center.
When his nurse, Alex, found out he is a musician, she brought in her guitar and convinced him to sing with her. That led to bedside performances during his chemo treatments.
Their version of the Christmas classic “O Holy Night” was recorded on Sunday by Pennington’s daughter, Brandi Mykle Leath.
- Wisconsin man arrested after fatal car crash in Milton
- Vehicle crash on intersection of Alpine and State; traffic lights out
- Illinois State Trooper charged in connection with alleged scheme to sell stolen military equipment
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Dakota High School moves to remote learning for two weeks after student tests positive for COVID-19
Copyright © 2020 Tribune Media Wire. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.