ORANGEBURG, S.C. (WSAV/CNN) – UPDATE: The organs of a South Carolina 9-year-old who was shot and killed in a hunting accident on Thanksgiving have saved the lives of three other children, family members say.
Vince Furtick, Colton Williams’ grandfather, shared on Facebook Sunday that his kidneys and liver were donated and given to three children.
Colton was out rabbit hunting on Thursday when his father accidentally shot him.
Family members say Colton loved every sport, the Clemson Tigers and the outdoors. Furtick told WRDW that Colton took piano lessons and won the Marksmanship Award at Camp Woodie.
Colton was a fourth grade honor roll student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School. The school said in a statement on social media that counselors will be available for students and staff this week.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher