ORANGEBURG, S.C. (WSAV/CNN) – UPDATE: The organs of a South Carolina 9-year-old who was shot and killed in a hunting accident on Thanksgiving have saved the lives of three other children, family members say.
Vince Furtick, Colton Williams’ grandfather, shared on Facebook Sunday that his kidneys and liver were donated and given to three children.
Colton was out rabbit hunting on Thursday when his father accidentally shot him.
Family members say Colton loved every sport, the Clemson Tigers and the outdoors. Furtick told WRDW that Colton took piano lessons and won the Marksmanship Award at Camp Woodie.
Colton was a fourth grade honor roll student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School. The school said in a statement on social media that counselors will be available for students and staff this week.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor