AURORA, Ill. (AP) — Police say one person is dead and four others wounded in an early morning shooting in the Chicago suburb of Aurora.
Aurora Police Department spokesman Paris Lewbel says officers received reports of shots fired around 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Officers sent to the scene found three people who had been shot. They were all transported to a local hospital. Later, two others injured in the shooting arrived at another hospital.
One person was pronounced dead at the hospital. Four others are listed in stable condition.
Lewbel says officers and detective are on the scene investigating.
Aurora is roughly 40 miles (65 kilometers) from Chicago.
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Rockford Public Library Board faced with tough choice on closing some branches
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.