FERNDALE, Wash. (WTVO) — An elderly couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide, left notes citing high medical bills as a factor.
According to WKYT, the Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office was called to the home after a 77-year-old man told a 911 operator that he was going to shoot himself.
When deputies arrived at the scene, they set up a perimeter around the scene but were unable to make contact with the occupants. Police sent in a robotic camera and found both the man and his 76-year-old wife dead of gunshot wounds.
Notes found at the scene said the couple was dealing with medical problems and could not afford the medical care.
“It is very tragic that one of our senior citizens would find himself in such desperate circumstances where he felt murder and suicide were the only option,” Sheriff Bill Elfo said. “Help is always available with a call to 911.”
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80