FERNDALE, Wash. (WTVO) — An elderly couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide, left notes citing high medical bills as a factor.
According to WKYT, the Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office was called to the home after a 77-year-old man told a 911 operator that he was going to shoot himself.
When deputies arrived at the scene, they set up a perimeter around the scene but were unable to make contact with the occupants. Police sent in a robotic camera and found both the man and his 76-year-old wife dead of gunshot wounds.
Notes found at the scene said the couple was dealing with medical problems and could not afford the medical care.
“It is very tragic that one of our senior citizens would find himself in such desperate circumstances where he felt murder and suicide were the only option,” Sheriff Bill Elfo said. “Help is always available with a call to 911.”
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere
- Mötley Crüe announces reunion, blows up ‘cessation of touring agreement’ in video