LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Police say a Kentucky man hit an 8-year-old girl in the head with a shovel, fracturing her skull, and then raped and robbed her.
News outlets report 29-year-old Cane L. Madden was arrested Saturday on charges of first-degree rape, assault and robbery.
A Louisville police arrest citation says officers responded Friday afternoon to a report of a beaten girl robbed of her iPad. It says the girl was found to a have a fractured skull among other injuries indicating sexual assault.
It says Madden was seen nearby and questioned, telling detectives “intimate details” of the assault.
Madden had faced other charges that he sexually assaulted a woman and bit off part of her face in 2017. Judge Annie O’Connell ruled him mentally incompetent and dismissed the charges in February.
- Rockford Mayor shares words of encouragement for Class of 2020
- Kansas soldier uses vehicle to stop active shooter, likely saving ‘countless lives’
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office investigating death at Machesney Park apartment complex
- Winnebago Co. announces 2 additional COVID-19 deaths as the county case count nears 2,000
- Rockford bank makes donations to keep aid organizations up and running during pandemic
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.