(CNN Newsource) – We have a new photo to share in the case of the South Carolina girl who was found dead last week.
Coty Taylor, 30, is the man police say has been linked to the death of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik.
The girl went missing last Monday while playing in her front yard.
Autopsy results showed Faye Swetlik’s death was a homicide and took place only a few hours after she disappeared. The little girl died from asphyxiation, investigators said.
Investigators also said her body had been moved and she had not been at the location where she was found for very long.
Swetlik’s body was discovered in a wooded area near her home. Police previously said they were investigating her death as a homicide.
Her neighbor, 30-year-old Coty Taylor, was found dead in his home shortly after investigators found the little girl’s body. Taylor had been interviewed Wednesday afternoon and had cooperated with investigators. He was found dead the next day. Police believe he abducted the girl and was the sole perpetrator of the crime.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.