LITHIA, Fla. (WTVO) — An 8-months pregnant Florida woman reportedly saved both her husband and pre-teen daughter from a pair of intruders last week, by fatally shooting and killing one of the men with an AR-15 rifle.
Jeremy King told Bay News 9 said he was home around 9 p.m. on Wednesday when two masked men with guns broke into his home.
King said he had no idea who the men were and had no idea why his house was targeted.
“They came in heavily hooded and masked. As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter,” he said.
King said that one of the men pistol-whipped him and the other repeatedly kicked him in the head.
According to King, his wife peeked out of the back bedroom to see what was going on and one of the men shot at her.
She retreated, grabbed the rifle, and returned fire, King said.
“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King said. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”
Police found the man dead in a nearby ditch. Police are still looking for the second gunman.
“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it,” King said. “(My wife) evened the playing field and kept them from killing me.”
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station
- Turkey stalks mail carrier in Wisconsin