WASHINGTON (AP/WBTW) – President Donald Trump says he’ll discuss the coronavirus threat at a White House news conference on Wednesday.
The session comes a day after he sought to minimize fears of the virus spreading widely across the U.S. Trump says representatives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will join him.
Trump and members of his administration have been sending mixed signals about the virus. While the CDC has warned the public to prepare for a coronavirus outbreak, Trump said Tuesday that the situation is “very well under control in our country.”
- Disney to lay off 28,000 employees at its parks in California, Florida
- Mom says 10-year-old son badly hurt by explosive disguised as Christmas ornament
- New Illinois coronavirus restrictions for Region 1 begin Saturday
- Louisiana man accused of hiding in Florida 15-year-old’s bedroom, having sex since August
- Missouri man charged with killing wife after 4 prior domestic reports