ILLINOIS (WTVO) — Lawyers for Illinois Governor JB Pritzker’s political campaign asked a judge to boot eight plaintiffs off a racial discrimination suit.
12 former campaign workers sued the Pritzker campaign last year.
They demanded a $7.5 million payout, or threatened to sue for discrimination.
In the last year, the governor’s campaign attorneys say most of those people have missed deadlines, and have not cooperated with depositions.
The Pritzker campaign denied the accusations, calling them “baseless” and “offensive.”
A court hearing is set for February.
- Cold Tuesday Morning, Snow Chances Return This Afternoon
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Biden picks transgender woman as assistant health secretary
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game