(CNN) — Sega is going old school.
The console maker from the 16-bit era of video games just unveiled a mini genesis console that is inspired by its original system.
Sega Genesis made its North American debut in 1989.
In addition to the console the company is also bringing back some of its classic games like “Sonic the Hedgehog” and “Castlevania: Bloodlines.”
The pricetag for the mini is $79.99.
It comes with 42 games pre-installed and two simple controllers.
The console can be hooked up directly into a TV with the controllers plugged in using a USB.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.