(CNN) — Sega is going old school.
The console maker from the 16-bit era of video games just unveiled a mini genesis console that is inspired by its original system.
Sega Genesis made its North American debut in 1989.
In addition to the console the company is also bringing back some of its classic games like “Sonic the Hedgehog” and “Castlevania: Bloodlines.”
The pricetag for the mini is $79.99.
It comes with 42 games pre-installed and two simple controllers.
The console can be hooked up directly into a TV with the controllers plugged in using a USB.
- Stateline saxophone great gives musical Memorial Day tribute
- Evening car fire sends local firefighters into action
- Statewide ‘Recall Pritzker’ petition stops in Freeport
- Local veterans recognize Memorial Day in downtown Rockford
- Catholic churches prepare for massive changes upon re-opening doors
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.