MONROE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana man accused of having sex with a 13-year-old said he was beaten by the girl’s family after they caught the two together.
News outlets report 18-year-old Javionne Thomas is charged with felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
A Monroe sheriff’s arrest report says deputies responded to a call of an injured person early Sunday morning. Thomas told deputies he was having sex with a girl and was caught by her family who attacked him before he fled.
While investigating the report, deputies say they discovered the girl was a minor. Thomas denied knowing her age and declined to pursue battery charges against the family.
Thomas was booked into jail after being released from a hospital. It’s unclear whether he has an attorney who can comment on his behalf.
- H.S. hoops results for Tuesday, Jan. 28
- Getting the field just right for the Super Bowl takes some doing
- Sycamore graduate Niemann pumped for the Super Bowl and going up against his old Iowa teammate
- Belvidere North wins a double overtime thriller against Hononegah
- Sunnyside brightens relationship with neighboring businesses after rough start to year
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.