ILLINOIS (WTVO) — Starting January 1st, all single-occupancy public restrooms in Illinois will become gender-neutral.
SB 556 passed the Illinois House in May and was signed into law by Gov. J.B. Pritzker.
According to the law, “every single-occupancy restroom in a place of public accommodation or public building shall be identified as all-gender and designated for use by no more than one person at a time or for family or assisted use.”
The bill includes all bathrooms that have been built or that will be built in the State of Illinois.
- Bears promote Desai to defensive coordinator
- Winning numbers drawn Friday night for $1B Mega Millions prize
- Rockford Police investigate after one person is shot Friday night
- My Take: Championship Sunday picks & enamored with Hammerin’ Hank
- NFC Championship preview: Rodgers vs. Brady will steal the show