(WXIN) — Spring will be here before you know it. In fact, it will arrive earlier than normal.
The spring equinox in the Northern Hemisphere is on Thursday, March 19. That’s the earliest it’s been in over a century.
Every year the spring equinox either falls on March 20 or March 21. It hasn’t been on March 19 since 1896.
According to The Old Farmer’s Almanac, it’s earlier this year because of certain calendar details, leap years, century marks, and the fact that there are an uneven number of days in a year. You can read all about it here.
An earlier start to spring doesn’t necessarily coincide with an earlier arrival of warmer weather, but this week, at least, we’ll experience spring-like temps with highs consistently in the 50s and upper 40s.
- Large police response to ‘incident’ in Freeport
- Delta passenger brings own microphone, amplifier to make in-flight announcement about pandemic, video shows
- Trump criticizes media for treating Powell ‘beautifully’ in death
- Offset buys Cardi B a hilltop mansion in the Dominican Republic for her birthday
- Woman raped on train while passengers did nothing, police say