(CNN) — New research says marijuana is not good for your heart.
The American Heart Association advises people to avoid smoking or vaping cannabis products.
According to the association, pot “contains components similar to tobacco smoke.”
Some smokers could suffer heart attacks, chest pains and other heart-related illnesses.
Clinical Pharmacologist Robert Page said people who use measured doses of medicinal marijuana may lessen some of the potential harms.
The scientific statement was published in Wednesday’s American Heart Association journal.
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Winnebago, Boone at ‘warning level’ as Illinois reports 2,514 new COVID-19 cases Friday, 25 deaths
- Billionaire Diane Hendricks, 3 others, resign from Beloit College board