(CNN) – Experts are weighing in on how much plant-based milk stacks up against cow’s milk for kids.
New health guidelines say most children under five should avoid plant-based milk.
Researchers say milk made from rice, coconut, oats, or other blends may not have the key nutrients kids need in their early developmental stages.
Kids should also avoid diet drinks, flavored milks, sugary drinks, and limit how much juice they drink.
The recommendations come from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Economy of Pediatrics, and the American Heart Association.
- Unsettled and cooler pattern returns
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety