(CNN) – Experts are weighing in on how much plant-based milk stacks up against cow’s milk for kids.
New health guidelines say most children under five should avoid plant-based milk.
Researchers say milk made from rice, coconut, oats, or other blends may not have the key nutrients kids need in their early developmental stages.
Kids should also avoid diet drinks, flavored milks, sugary drinks, and limit how much juice they drink.
The recommendations come from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Economy of Pediatrics, and the American Heart Association.
- Coronaviruses explained: what you need to know
- UPS training thousands of drivers to spot, report human trafficking
- Woman shoots 3 Illinois State Troopers, killing 1, before turning gun on herself
- New case of coronavirus confirmed in California
- Trump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election