EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Just one day after the funeral of Walmart shooting victim Margie Reckard, her widower is reportedly facing another hardship.
Antonio Basco, who went viral this week for inviting the world to attend his wife’s services, allegedly had his SUV stolen and wrecked in South-Central El Paso on Saturday night.
According to Eduardo Moreno of El Paso Towing, the damaged vehicle was recovered on Sunday near the intersection of Gateway East and Grama Street just before the spaghetti bowl.
Moreno tells KTSM he towed the SUV back to Basco’s home for free after recognizing the man’s name from the extensive media coverage surrounding him and his late wife.
According to Moreno, Basco told the towing company that a pressure washing machine inside a trailer parked next to the vehicle was also stolen.
An El Paso Police spokesperson tells KTSM the department is currently looking into the alleged incident.
- Rockford non-profit holds fundraiser for kids too old for Make-A-Wish
- Local environmentalists fight to save prairie at Chicago Rockford International Airport
- Drought conditions worsen across northern Illinois
- Rock House Kids holds fundraiser to expand reach and facilities
- Crash on Alpine closes down road