(CNN) — A teacher in California has come up with a very special way to make her deaf students feel represented.
When Genesis Politron realized there weren’t any dolls that resembled her hard of hearing students, she decided to craft her own.
The teacher added glittery hearing aids and cochlear implants to news dolls for the school.
Politron said she wanted her students to see themselves in toys and to feel accepted.
Politron said her students were surprised and excited to see the dolls, and they haven’t been put down since.
- Aquin creates COVID games in replacement of Friday night Football
- IDPH reports 2,441 new cases of COVID-19, 25 more deaths
- Belvidere North runners Lenzen, Elder top finishers at Jefferson meet
- Man who allegedly killed 17-year-old at California high school captured in Centerville, Utah
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire