(CNN) — A special gift from a country music star.
Before his concert in Pittsburgh Friday, Toby Keith gave a retired Marine Corporal, who lost both legs in Afghanistan, an all-terrain wheelchair.
In 2010, Brandon Rumbaugh was carrying a fellow Marine to safety when he stepped on an IED.
He’s able to walk with prosthetic legs, but he says he wanted this type of wheelchair because it will let him be more active outdoors and play with his six-month-old daughter.
The Independence Fund, a nonprofit that helps wounded veterans, teamed up with Keith to givee Rumbaugh the $16,000 wheelchair.
Along with backstage passes and a meet and greet with the singer.
Rumbaugh enjoyed the concert from the side of the stage and joined Keith onstage during his performance of “American Soldier.”
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- Minnesota officer, police chief resign days after Black driver’s death
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- North Boone football players enter into quarantine; game off with Stillman Valley
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.