(CNN) — Two Charlotte sisters are on a mission to feed more than 100 families this Thanksgiving.
The sisters’ even have local roots, their mom Lisa McCann Fischer is a Rockford native.
It’s quite an impressive feat when you consider Alex and Caroline Fischer are only six and nine-years-old.
The girls sold lemonade and baked goods to raise money for turkey and all the trimmings.
This year they made enough to buy 108 turkeys and the accompanying ingredients.
Neighbors helped them pack boxes of food, rent a truck and deliver it all by November 23rd.
They plan to continue the family tradition next year because they have a lot to be thankful for.
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher
- ‘One of us’: South Asians celebrate Harris as VP choice
- Roscoe store owner stops scammers from preying on senior citizens
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.