(FOX News) — The USDA is proposing rollbacks on school lunch requirements.
USDA Deputy Undersecretary Brandon Lipps announced the proposal Friday, which would lower the required amount of fruits and vegetables schools have to serve during lunch and breakfast.
The proposal would effectively reverse school breakfast and lunch standards championed by former First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Unsettled and cooler pattern returns
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety
Copyright © 2020 Fox NewsEdge. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.