(CNN) – Vaping is a gateway to marijuana use for young people.
Those are the findings from a study published in Jama Pediatrics.
Researchers say nicotine rewires the developing brain.
It also changes how people respond to and crave addictive substances.
The research looked at 20 pre-existing studies of people ages 10 to 24.
It showed the odds of marijuana use in those who vape – were more than three times higher than those who don’t.
- Rockford fire battles blaze at vacant hotel
- Boylan returns some big-time talent to challenge again for a NIC-10 title
- Social media threats continue to grow in the aftermath of mass shootings
- Senior Follies Musical Revue prove that age is just a number
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says he’s ending presidential bid
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.