(CNN) – Vaping is a gateway to marijuana use for young people.
Those are the findings from a study published in Jama Pediatrics.
Researchers say nicotine rewires the developing brain.
It also changes how people respond to and crave addictive substances.
The research looked at 20 pre-existing studies of people ages 10 to 24.
It showed the odds of marijuana use in those who vape – were more than three times higher than those who don’t.
- Illinois health officials report 2,529 new cases of COVID-19; state surpasses 5 million tests
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- One man dead, one in critical condition after overnight crash in Beloit
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.