(CNN) – Vaping is a gateway to marijuana use for young people.
Those are the findings from a study published in Jama Pediatrics.
Researchers say nicotine rewires the developing brain.
It also changes how people respond to and crave addictive substances.
The research looked at 20 pre-existing studies of people ages 10 to 24.
It showed the odds of marijuana use in those who vape – were more than three times higher than those who don’t.
- Rockford man and his dog escape Salem Street house fire
- The silent heroes: Sign language interpreters keep deaf community informed on COVID-19
- Restaurants preparing to re-open for outdoor customers
- Twitter adds fact-check warnings to Trump tweets
- Severe Storms Produce Wind Damage Across Northwest Illinois Tuesday Evening
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.