CHICAGO (AP) — Officials say a man charged in the shooting of a Chicago police officer three years ago attacked three correctional officers at Cook County Jail, rendering two of them unconscious.
The sheriff’s department said in a news release that 30-year-old Dante Jeffries attacked the officers early Tuesday.
One of the officers was rushed to a hospital for treatment for what the sheriff’s department described as serious injuries.
The sheriff’s department will seek criminal charges against Jeffries and a second detainee who is accused of using keys belonging to one of the officers to let other detainees out of their cells.
- NASCAR team to pay tribute for former Loves Park man
- Stillman Valley coach Lalor reacts to ‘Return to Play’ decision/guidelines
- Facebook removes nearly 200 accounts tied to hate groups
- Illinois Legislative Black Caucus in Rockford, urge peaceful protests
- Curran’s Orchard opening early after turned away from Rockford City Market