CHICAGO (AP) — Officials say a man charged in the shooting of a Chicago police officer three years ago attacked three correctional officers at Cook County Jail, rendering two of them unconscious.
The sheriff’s department said in a news release that 30-year-old Dante Jeffries attacked the officers early Tuesday.
One of the officers was rushed to a hospital for treatment for what the sheriff’s department described as serious injuries.
The sheriff’s department will seek criminal charges against Jeffries and a second detainee who is accused of using keys belonging to one of the officers to let other detainees out of their cells.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher