CHICAGO (AP) — Officials say a man charged in the shooting of a Chicago police officer three years ago attacked three correctional officers at Cook County Jail, rendering two of them unconscious.
The sheriff’s department said in a news release that 30-year-old Dante Jeffries attacked the officers early Tuesday.
One of the officers was rushed to a hospital for treatment for what the sheriff’s department described as serious injuries.
The sheriff’s department will seek criminal charges against Jeffries and a second detainee who is accused of using keys belonging to one of the officers to let other detainees out of their cells.
- Exploring the rich athletics history of Beloit College as it marks 100 years in the MWC
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet
- New report says Byron power plant shutdown would cost over 2,300 jobs
- Rockford applying for new bike path grant, but not all residents are on board
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say