CHICAGO (AP) — Officials say a man charged in the shooting of a Chicago police officer three years ago attacked three correctional officers at Cook County Jail, rendering two of them unconscious.
The sheriff’s department said in a news release that 30-year-old Dante Jeffries attacked the officers early Tuesday.
One of the officers was rushed to a hospital for treatment for what the sheriff’s department described as serious injuries.
The sheriff’s department will seek criminal charges against Jeffries and a second detainee who is accused of using keys belonging to one of the officers to let other detainees out of their cells.
- Republicans: IL Democrats’ proposed congressional maps ‘a complete joke’
- Will ‘Media Literacy’ classes help protect Illinois school children?
- Medicare open enrollment begins for Americans
- Rockford man charged with killing Madison man over dice game loss
- Stellantis offers Belvidere Assembly Plant employees option to relocate, quit, or be fired