HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) — A Houston man says he was at the right place at the right time – after his neighbor’s dog leash was caught in an elevator door.
The incident was recorded on a security camera at their apartment building on Monday.
It shows a woman walking into the elevator, with her dog on the leash.
But the door closes before the dog gets in.
And the elevator goes down – pulling the other end of the leash with it.
But the man – who had just got off the elevator – jumps in and works quickly to remove the leash from the dog just in time.
The good Samaritan, Johnny Mathis, says the woman was overjoyed when she found out that her pup wasn’t hurt.
- Stateline students preserve the stories and history of local veterans
- Tips for homeowners to stay warm and safe in winter storms
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
- Chicago Bears give $4,000 to Harlem’s athletic program
- Rockford park gets financial boost from State of Illinois
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.