(CNN) – Walmart is suing Tesla, claiming rooftop solar panels caught fire at several stores.
In a complaint filed Tuesday, Walmart accused Tesla of negligence. According to the complaint, Tesla’s solar panels allegedly ignited fires on the roofs of seven Walmart stores.
Walmart has installed Tesla solar panels on more than 240 stores across the United States. The retail giant now wants Tesla to remove the systems and pay for the damage from the fires.
Tesla could not be immediately reached for comment on the suit. Walmart declined to comment further.
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Some Rockford Mass Transit drivers say buses need more safety measures
- Three former elementary schools in Rockford to be sold as land banks
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.