BRIDGETON, N.J. (CNN) — It’s been two months since 5-year-old Dulce Alavez disappeared from a Bridgeton, New Jersey park.
Family, friends and supporters gathered for a vigil on Saturday to keep the search for Dulce alive.
Investigators said the girl was kidnapped from the Bridgeton City Park on Sept. 16.
The girl and her 3-year-old brother were playing there while their mother sat in her car with an 8-year-old relative.
The mother told police her son soon ran back to the car crying and pointed to the area where he last saw his sister. They could not locate her and police were soon notified.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch