(CNN) — Gathering in places of trauma, the Black String Triage Ensemble, plays a series of melodies for those who need it most.
On Friday the ensemble played near a home where a man was shot earlier in the day.
Founder, Dayvin Hallmon, said he came up with the idea after researching how music brings peace to people nearing the end of their lives.
He says their group is made up of all black and Latin musicians trying to show the community just how special life can be.
“If we can do something about that and get to a point, whether humanity is appreciated and respected, then I won’t say that we solved it but maybe we were a damn good catalyst,” Hallmon said.
The ensemble’s founder says they’re always looking for new black or Latin string players.
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Protests demand Ted Cruz’s resignation at senator’s Houston office
- Rock County man arrested for 7th OWI
- More than 30 lawmakers call for investigation into ‘suspicious’ access to Capitol Complex ahead of breach
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.