(CNN) — Gathering in places of trauma, the Black String Triage Ensemble, plays a series of melodies for those who need it most.
On Friday the ensemble played near a home where a man was shot earlier in the day.
Founder, Dayvin Hallmon, said he came up with the idea after researching how music brings peace to people nearing the end of their lives.
He says their group is made up of all black and Latin musicians trying to show the community just how special life can be.
“If we can do something about that and get to a point, whether humanity is appreciated and respected, then I won’t say that we solved it but maybe we were a damn good catalyst,” Hallmon said.
The ensemble’s founder says they’re always looking for new black or Latin string players.
- Rockford woman sentenced to federal prison for selling firearms to a felon
- Apple’s new Mac Pro will be made in Austin, not China
- US soldier charged with planning to bomb American news network, attack Antifa
- Police corner spotted cows at home of Spotted Cow beer
- Rockford man arrested for home invasion, beating woman
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.