ALTOONA, Wis. (AP) — A school superintendent in western Wisconsin faces federal charges of sex trafficking of a minor and production of child pornography.
A federal grand jury indicted Altoona school Superintendent Daniel Peggs last week. Altoona school board President Robin Elvig tells the Leader-Telegram that the 32-year-old Peggs was arrested Thursday morning on his way to school.
The indictment alleges that Peggs recruited an underage female for a commercial sex act and used an iPhone to produce a video of child pornography.
The U.S. attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin says the alleged conduct does not involve a student from the Altoona district.
- Oregon’s Autumn on Parade festival is canceled
- Drier Weather Slides in Today, Feeling Less Humid Over the Weekend
- Man hospitalized 99 days with COVID-19 wakes from coma to learn wife died of virus
- One-on-one with presidential hopeful Joe Biden
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing