(CNN) — Yahoo users can now file a claim for a piece of the $117.5 million class-action settlement related to massive data breaches.
According to USA Today, if you had a Yahoo account between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2016, you can get two years of free credit monitoring services by Allclear ID or up to $358.
That’s including traditional Yahoo email or accounts on Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Finance, Tumblr and Flickr.
According to the settlement website, in August 2013, “malicious hackers were able to gain access to Yahoo’s user database and took records for all existing Yahoo accounts,” which has approximately 3 billion.
The data breach wasn’t disclosed until years and is considered the largest hack in history.
The deadline to file a claim is July 20, 2020.
- Police say Rockford man shot at woman during domestic incident
- Rockford man accused of fighting off-duty police officer after being caught shoplifting at Best Buy
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.