(CNN) — Yahoo users can now file a claim for a piece of the $117.5 million class-action settlement related to massive data breaches.
According to USA Today, if you had a Yahoo account between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2016, you can get two years of free credit monitoring services by Allclear ID or up to $358.
That’s including traditional Yahoo email or accounts on Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Finance, Tumblr and Flickr.
According to the settlement website, in August 2013, “malicious hackers were able to gain access to Yahoo’s user database and took records for all existing Yahoo accounts,” which has approximately 3 billion.
The data breach wasn’t disclosed until years and is considered the largest hack in history.
The deadline to file a claim is July 20, 2020.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.