BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Volunteers surprise a 96-year-old Navy Veteran by decorating his house for Christmas.
Herman Hollingsworth came home to find his home decked out in Christmas decorations.
Garland and lights lined his banister and roof, with wreaths as the final touch.
The national non-profit Christmas Decor, decorates current and former service men and women’s homes for the holidays.
When Herman’s wife Nancy nominated him to the group she wanted to help bring the holiday spirit into their home.
“It’s wonderful that we can have this done for you,” N. Hollingsworth said.
This is Christmas Decor’s 17th year helping military members decorate their homes for Christmas.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland