FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — The Freeport Fire Department will receive nearly $250,000 from the Assistance for Firefighters Grant to buy a new emergency radio communication system.
The department will also receive an additional $35,000 from local funds, to replace the more than 20-year-old equipment.
Department leaders say they will be able to buy a new washer for firefighting gear as well.
- Democrats face an important test in Nevada caucuses
- Harlem in 3rd place after day 1 of State Tournament
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East dominates Freeport in final home game