FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — The Freeport Fire Department will receive nearly $250,000 from the Assistance for Firefighters Grant to buy a new emergency radio communication system.
The department will also receive an additional $35,000 from local funds, to replace the more than 20-year-old equipment.
Department leaders say they will be able to buy a new washer for firefighting gear as well.
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players
- Best of the Best: Packers O vs. Rams D
- How do I sign up to receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- Cases of the flu almost non-existent in Winnebago County, compared to last year
- Janesville School District under investigation over report it intends to vaccinate teachers next week