FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — The Freeport Fire Department will receive nearly $250,000 from the Assistance for Firefighters Grant to buy a new emergency radio communication system.
The department will also receive an additional $35,000 from local funds, to replace the more than 20-year-old equipment.
Department leaders say they will be able to buy a new washer for firefighting gear as well.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80