LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — North Park Fire Protection District received a combined $750,000 to upgrade equipment and hire staff.
The Illinois State Fire Marshal gave the district $350,000 to buy a new truck. Two other grants came from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
The first grant will allow the district to hire six firefighters every year for the next four years.
The other grant will be used to replace the department’s aging self contained breathing apparatus.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision