LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — North Park Fire Protection District received a combined $750,000 to upgrade equipment and hire staff.
The Illinois State Fire Marshal gave the district $350,000 to buy a new truck. Two other grants came from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
The first grant will allow the district to hire six firefighters every year for the next four years.
The other grant will be used to replace the department’s aging self contained breathing apparatus.
- RMTD debuts hybrid buses, new logo
- WATCH: Pritzker delivers State of the State address
- Possible confusion leads to spike in Google searches for ‘Corona beer virus’
- ‘He gave his life to the Lord:’ Kobe Bryant prayed at church hours before his death
- PHOTOS: Hard Rock Stadium transformed for Super Bowl LIV